Note to self...do NOT volunteer to head up a committee ever again. You would have thought I learned my lesson 3 years ago when I chaired my neighborhood festival, but....OOPS I did it again! I hate the politics, the pushiness and the general all around b s that goes along with it. People piss me off. We have all the typical members...
1) The guilt layer - "we missed you at the last meeting" with that accusatory tone that says, "you should have been there". Even though I had spoken to the chair of the committee and she was fully aware of where I was with my committee.
2) The list maker - she/he is the one that makes a list and presents it two days before the event. The list usually consists of things that she/he should have brought up a month ago. This causes everyone to scramble, just to please her/him.
3) The "leader" - this is the person that tries to run the committee, even though he/she didn't want to be the chairperson of the committee.
4) The "idea" person - this is the person that has lots of great ideas, but no intention of actually doing anything to implement them.
5) The "crazy" - this person rambles at every meeting about stuff that is not relevent to anything, especially the topic at hand (this person works in my department, so I have to deal with her daily).
I'm sure I could come up with a few more, but these are the ones I have had to deal with and the ones I want to smack! I can't wait for tommorrow to be over! I just keep repeating to myself - "I will never do this again"..."I will never do this again"...